Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Fill out the form below. Please complete all sections of it.
Description of Dog(s):
1. I agree to PROVIDE ALL PROPER AND NECESSARY CARE AND TREATMENT for the animal I have adopted from Operation HALO, hereafter known as HALO. I acknowledge that animal is a living sentient being for whom I am seeking out for companionship. This living being, I will treat with honor and respect by providing sufficient food, water, shelter, and IDENTIFICATION TAG WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, MEDICAL ATTENTION as necessary, ALL REQUIRED VACCINATIONS and humane treatment. If I am unable to keep this animal, I hereby agree to discuss the situation with a HALO Adoption Specialist, and if necessary make arrangements for his/her return to Operation HALO.
2. I agree that I am 18 years of age or older and I am adopting this animal as my own companion animal. I will not give it as a gift, or resell it, or use it for breeding purposes, experimental purposes, as a food animal, or use a dog as a guard dog. I agree that the animal will be kept as a domesticated house pet and that the pet will be an indoor only family pet. Dogs will be allowed access or kept indoors except for outside periods of exercise.
3. I agree to spay or neuter. All animals over 6 months of age are spayed or neutered at the time of or before the finalized adoption, or within 30 days of the Adoption. Adopters, of puppies under 6 months of age, are given the option for A) a pediatric spay or neuter before delivery, or B) spay or neuter, at your expense, at 6 months of age or as advised by your Veterinarian. Proof of sterilization must be provided to HALO.
4. I agree to have the animal inoculated against rabies according to county requirements and licensed according to the city ordinance of the city in which I reside, and to abide by all State and County laws and City ordinances regulating animals.
5. If at any time I have to return the animal to HALO, the animal will have at least 3 months left on current vaccines and have a current (in past month) negative heartworm test.
6. I understand and agree that HALO does not reimburse for outside veterinary bills, and that HALO makes no express or implied warranty, representation or promise relating to my ability to obtain or maintain insurance for any personal injury or property damage caused by the animal. I understand that depending on the breed of the animal that I have adopted, such liability insurance may be unavailable or denied.
7. I understand and agree that HALO makes no express or implied warranty, representation or promise as the age, health, breed, habits, disposition or safety of the animal. I do hereby, fully and forever release, acquit and discharge HALO and its officers, directors, volunteers, employees, insurers and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from any and all manner of action and actions, suits, debts, claims, liabilities, controversies, damages, costs, expenses, attorney's’ fees, and demands of any nature whatsoever, whether compensatory or punitive in nature, including, but not limited to, any liability for personal injury or property damage caused by the animal to another animal or person, illness to the animal or illness or parasite transmitted by the animal to another animal or person. I further promise and agree to indemnify the Released Parties against any and all liability incurred by the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, all judgments, settlements, penalties, forfeitures, fines, costs, expenses and actual attorneys’ fees, that arise out of or relate to my adoption or ownership of the animal.
8. I further understand if I do not adhere to these terms, if I have misrepresented myself, or if I have adopted the animal under false pretenses, this animal may be reclaimed by HALO
9. I agree to call HALO within 24 hours if the animal ever escapes or is lost.
10. I herewith make this donation to HALO to assist in sheltering, feeding and protecting the animals brought to Operation HALO since this mission is made possible by voluntary contributions. This donation is of my own free will and shall not be construed as any compensation for the animal adopted or delivery. It is non-refundable.