Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
Fill out the form below. Please complete all sections of it.
Are you volunteering for volunteer hours? If so, for which institution?
Which areas are you interested in volunteering?
Tell us a little about yourself and why you are interested in volunteering and how.
I am at least 18 years of age.
If you are the legal guardian of a minor wishing to volunteer, please enter their name below. All terms listed under the Volunteer Agreement section will apply to both you and the minor(s) listed. If the minor wishing to volunteer is under 16 years old, they must be accompanied by you at all volunteer events and activities.
1. I understand that working with animals is unpredictable and necessarily involves risk of bodily harm and injury. Specifically, I understand by way of example but not limitation that I and my family and/or guests may be bitten, scratched, attacked or otherwise injured or frightened while volunteering with the Rescue and working with the Rescue’s animals. By applying to become a volunteer and signing this Volunteer Agreement, I agree to assume all risk of injury, bodily harm, or any and all other damage to myself, my family, guests and/or my personal property. I agree that in no event will the Rescue be liable to me, my family and/or guests and I agree to hold the Rescue harmless from any injuries, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses or claims of whatsoever nature which I might suffer or sustain about the performance of my volunteer activities for Rescue.
2. I understand that because I may handle and/or come in contact with animals, it is important to discuss being vaccinated against transmittable diseases with my physician. I release METTA Rescue Family, Inc., from all responsibility that may occur because of my not pursuing this matter further and I understand whatever decision I make is at my own risk. I have read, understand and agree to the above vaccination information.
3. I acknowledge and understand that as a foster/volunteer of METTA Rescue Family, Inc., I am not covered by Workers’ Compensation or any other insurance policy through METTA Rescue Family, Inc. for any damages or injuries I may sustain during volunteer activities.
4. I agree to abide by the Rescue’s Code of Ethics as now existing, changed, modified, or later developed.
5. I understand that minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times by a Rescue approved volunteer over the age of 18; I further agree that, at no time, will a minor accompanying me on my volunteer duties be left alone with or in charge of a Rescue animal.
6. I understand and agree that the Rescue may refuse my volunteer application for any reason, and that the Rescue may terminate its relationship with me at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
7. When my volunteer relationship is terminated, or otherwise upon the request of the Rescue, I agree to immediately return all supplies, equipment, records, moneys, and other items that are the property of the Rescue.
By clicking "Agree" below, I state that I have read and understand all the terms of this Volunteer Agreement and voluntarily agree to abide by all the terms.