Create Account or Log In:
Creating an account or logging in via facebook/email will let you save your application, and allow you to access your pets medical records and other important information after you adopt or foster.
What kind of experience do you have with animals and what kind of work are you willing to do?
Are you willing to work with shy or fearful dogs?
What is your occupation?
What kind of thing are you interested in doing as a volunteer?
How did you hear about us?
Are you willing to sign legal waiver of liability?
Do you agree to permit a visit to your home by appointment if applicable?
Why do you want to volunteer?
Can you offer the dogs some one on one time?
Are you willing to clean kennel areas?
Do you have your own transportation?
If I am selected to participate in the volunteer program I promise to attend my volunteers shifts as scheduled and on time and assist volunteers and animals in a pleasant and professional manner at all times
UPON SUBMISSION - WILL BE CONSIDERED SIGNED BY VOLUNTEER APPLICANT:
1. I agree to work for Haven Dog Rescue (HDR) as a volunteer.
2. As a volunteer, I understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits, including employment insurance benefits, upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this service.
3. I am aware that participation as a volunteer may require periods of physical activity such as standing and lifting and I acknowledge that there are certain risks involved with working with animals, including but not limited to bites, scratches, zoonotic diseases and allergic reactions. I will exercise reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
4. As consideration for volunteering for HDR, I hereby agree that I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against or sue HDR or its employees, agents or contractors for injury or damage resulting from the ordinary negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of its officers, agents, or contractors of HDR as a result of my volunteering. I HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE HDR AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND OTHER VOLUNTEERS FROM ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT I, MY HEIRS, GUARDIANS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES NOW HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN FOSTERING DOGS AND PARTICIPATING IN HDR ACTIVITIES.
5. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED IN THE COURSE OF THE PROJECT, I AM NOT COVERED BY HDR’ WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAM. I authorize HDR to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident or illness to me arising from my involvement as a volunteer. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness or injury.
5. I understand my responsibilities to myself and the rescue.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
Signing this agreement will indicate agreement to all the terms and conditions listed above and will also serve as a liability waiver in the State of CA. Please type your name an date below.